Comment on page
A-0005 Web3 Landscape
Publication Date: January 12, 2022
Call for proposals for the MVP Wave closes at 11:59pm PT on January 26, 2022.
Type: Content and Design
Mentor: Barbara Mighdoll, VP Marketing, Freelance Labs
- 4 weeks
- Estimated 40 hours
- Start: February 1, 2022
- End: February 28, 2022
- Option 1: 50/50 Split USDC to BTRST
- Option 2: 70/30 Split USDC to BTRST
Braintrust has achieved incredible growth milestones in a very short amount of time and is paving the way for other Web3 projects. We need to visually tell this story so it's simple and easy to understand in relation to other notable Web3 projects, even if the audience is not well versed in Web3. By telling this story properly, and giving context against the larger Web3 landscape, we’ll be able to showcase the true value Braintrust is creating for its community. For example, Filecoin’s lifetime revenue as of October was $3.8M, whereas Braintrust’s lifetime GSV was $22M.
- Project Evaluation: Ambassador Projects Evaluation Framework
- Focus Area: Marketing
As Braintrust gains broader global awareness, we need to ensure we are educating our new community members on the achievements, and provide context against other projects they may be more familiar with to turn observers into believers.
Using the Web3Index along with other sources, build a library of visual content (graphs, graphics, gifs, memes, animated videos) to be shared with the community that give context to the incredible growth metrics of the Braintrust network in comparison to other Web3 projects.
Content and design must be factually accurate and adhere to Braintrust brand guidelines.
Deliverables: List of Web3 influencers, podcasts, YouTube channels and hashtags to track to drive thoughtful discussion around Web3 on social media. This list should be curated to provide a holistic view into the Web3 landscape and trends. Data on Web3 project history, Web3 project success, community and contributor size, project age, industry, etc., with sources to be used in content development. 4 to 6 creative assets developed that place Braintrust as the fastest growing and largest value creating network in Web3.
Your proposal should expand beyond what is included above to more specifics on what you’ll create to accomplish the goal of this project.
All contributors will be expected to record a 1-minute summary video to be shared with the community in the monthly Growth Reports.
- Week 1: Onboarding + brainstorming + outlines + feedback
- Week 2: Deliverables draft v1 + feedback
- Week 3: Deliverables draft v2 + feedback Week
- 4: Final deliverables
Success means all deliverables are completed according to timelines, clearly and simply explain the concepts we would like shared with the community, all while upholding the Braintrust brand standards.
This project requires the contributor to be:
- Extremely well versed in Web3. You know the projects, the language, the influencers, the metrics that matter and the trends.
- A senior designer. You can take complex ideas and translate them into easy to digest visualizations. Further, you can take existing brand style guidelines and apply them to these visualizations.
- A great copywriter. You can build short-form content to clearly explain visualizations in an engaging way.
- An analytical and critical thinker. You know how to collect data that can be used to tell a story.
The best contributors to the Braintrust project:
- Have a strong sense of commitment to the Braintrust platform and their fellow community members who will benefit from their contributions.
- Are proactive, clear and concise communicators that keep mentors updated frequently with wins, challenges, and blockers.
- Take ownership of their work, and embody a “figure it out” mentality that is driven by their desire to make Braintrust the best network.
- Are strong project managers who identify challenges and communicate solutions early and often. They appreciate that the mentors are there to guide their work, not manage the project.
- Strive to raise the bar and know that quality of output is incredibly important. They will act as stewards to the Braintrust brand leveraging the brand style guidelines, tone and voice guidelines, and writing rules to uphold the brand standards.
- Bring remarkable ideas to life, building moments and experiences that stop someone in their tracks.
Applicants will receive Y/N feedback from the Proposal Admins on moving onto the next step in the process within 2 business days of submission.
- Grant compensation includes both the time and materials needed to complete the project. A portion of the grant can be requested up front to cover material costs. These expenses are approved by the Grants committee.
- All projects are completed open source for the benefit of the community. Grant contributors do not own the IP associated with their grant.
- All grants have an expectation of thorough and public documentation that can be used by future contributors that want to enhance / improve upon past efforts, document process and how-to, FAQs.
- Grants require a 1 year service agreement (up to 10 additional hours) to accommodate bug fixing, updates to libraries, etc.
- There is a formal process by which the Grants Committee and/or Grantee can request a change to the scope/ compensation/timelines of this project. The changes must be agreed upon by both parties.