A-0003 Discord Memberships Community Manager
Publication Date: January 12, 2022
Call for proposals for the MVP Wave closes at 11:59pm PT on January 26, 2022.
Build the Discord Membership program and launch the first cohort of 10+ Memberships Ambassadors. Develop the role requirements, incentive rewards, recruitment strategy, and reporting framework for this program. Manage the first cohort of Membership Ambassadors and engage with community members on Discord. Nice-to-haves: Experience in Discord community management, familiarity with DAO communities, and a strong interest in web3.
Type: Discord Community Management
Mentor: Annelie Chavez, Community Lead, Freelance Labs
- 8 weeks
- Estimated 120 hours (~15 hours/week)
- Start: February 21, 2022
- End: April 18, 2022
- Option 1: 50/50 Split USDC to BTRST
- Option 2: 70/30 Split USDC to BTRST
The Braintrust network launched a new membership program to help members better contribute to the network and unlock rewards based on different levels of membership. The network needs a consistent group of Membership Ambassadors to run the memberships program.
- Project Evaluation: Ambassador Projects Evaluation Framework
- Focus Area: Community Management
The network is seeing early success of the memberships program: hundreds of members submitting proof of work, upleveling and contributing on Discord. Now is the time to recruit and put in place a team of membership ambassadors to continue to run the program, refine the program, and create appropriate reporting and measurement to track program performance.
Build the Membership Ambassadors program and launch the first cohort of 10+ Memberships Ambassadors to update Discord roles for users based on membership levels, propose and create new partnerships, incentives and perks for the community membership program, and track success metrics for the membership program.
- 1.Build a team of dedicated Memberships Ambassadors who take ownership over the memberships program.
- 2.Build clear role requirements and guidelines for Membership Ambassador contributions.
- 3.Build incentive rewards for Membership Ambassadors.
- 4.Develop and execute the recruitment strategy. Develop and execute the ambassador selection process.
- 5.Develop and execute the reporting framework.
- 6.Recruit, onboard, and train new Membership Ambassadors.
- 7.Deploy the first cohort of 10 Membership Ambassadors.
- 8.Measure program effectiveness.
Your proposal should expand on what is written above by listing concrete methods to achieve the aforementioned goals, propose (if needed) an appropriate timeline, and constantly make program improvements.
All contributors will be expected to record a 1-minute summary video to be shared with the community in the monthly Growth Reports video.
Weeks 1- 2:
- Program infrastructure Incentive rewards Role requirements
Week 3- 4:
- Recruitment strategy Selection process Reporting framework
Week 5: Begin recruiting the first cohort of Ambassadors and setting up necessary systems and guidelines.
Week 6: Recruit, onboard and train new Ambassadors.
Week 7: Recruit, onboard and train new Ambassadors + start measuring program effectiveness.
Week 8: Conduct program evaluation and measure success, suggest and make program improvements for the second cohort.
- Get the first cohort of 10+ Membership Ambassadors up and running for at least 4 weeks.
- By the end of the project, Membership Ambassadors need little to no supervision or assistance from the coreteam to run the memberships program.
This project requires:
- Familiarity with Discord servers, bots, setup and insights (the memberships program is currently enabled on the Braintrust Discord server).
- Exceptional project management and people management skills
- Experience recruiting, onboarding, training teams greater than 10+ people
The best contributors to the Braintrust project:
- Have a strong sense of commitment to the Braintrust platform and their fellow community members who will benefit from their contributions.
- Are proactive, clear and concise communicators that keep mentors updated frequently with wins, challenges, and blockers.
- Take ownership of their work, and embody a “figure it out” mentality that is driven by their desire to make Braintrust the best network.
- Are strong project managers who identify challenges and communicate solutions early and often.
- They appreciate that the mentors are there to guide their work, not manage the project.
- Strive to raise the bar and know that quality of output is incredibly important. They will act as stewards to the Braintrust brand leveraging the brand style guidelines, tone and voice guidelines, and writing rules to uphold the brand standards.
- Bring remarkable ideas to life, building moments and experiences that stop someone in their tracks.
Applicants will receive Y/N feedback from the Proposal Admins on moving onto the next step in the process within 2 business days of submission.
- Ambassador grant compensation includes both the time and materials needed to complete the project. A portion of the grant can be requested up front to cover material costs. These expenses are approved by the Grants committee.
- All projects are completed open source for the benefit of the community. Grant contributors do not own the IP associated with their grant.
- All grants have an expectation of thorough and public documentation that can be used by future contributors that want to enhance / improve upon past efforts, document process and how-to, FAQs.
- Ambassador grants require a 1 year service agreement (up to 10 additional hours) to accommodate bug fixing, updates to libraries, etc.
- There is a formal process by with the Grants Committee and/or Grantee can request a change to the scope/ compensation/timelines of this project. The changes must be agreed upon by both parties.